Thorn Pre-order – Offer extended to April 6th at 11.59 pm!
“A quietly profound and beautiful fairytale retelling that I’ll be recommending for years.”
– S.A. Chakraborty, author of The City of Brass
On March 24th my fantasy novel Thorn will be releasing from Hot Key (UK) and HarperTeen (US/CA)! To celebrate, I’m offering some amazing Thorn goodies to everyone who …
- pre-orders/orders a copy of Thorn before April 6th at 23.59.
- OR requests it from their library (library hold / suggested purchase) before April 6th at 23.59.
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
Physical goodies (worldwide):
- A Thorn Bookmark
- A set of Chibi Stickers featuring Thorn characters
- A Signed Bookplate
PLUS Digital goodies (worldwide):
- A PDF of Brambles – a Thorn prequel short story so you can jump into Alyrra’s world now!
- A PDF of The (Annotated) Goose Girl – the original fairytale with annotations from yours truly in the margin
- A coloring page of three Thorn-themed bookmarks
All you need to do to enter is send a proof of purchase (or screenshot of your library hold), your name and address to email@example.com. T&Cs apply!
Everyone else: I have a limited number of international postages stamps (I’m in the US), and with lockdown am unable to purchase more. As such, worldwide pre-order goodies are while supplies last. US stamps are still in good shape. Thanks for your understanding!
About the Book
A princess with two futures. A destiny all her own.
Between her cruel family and the contempt she faces at court, Princess Alyrra has always longed to escape the confines of her royal life. But when she’s betrothed to the powerful prince Kestrin, Alyrra embarks on a journey to his land with little hope for a better future.
When a mysterious and terrifying sorceress robs Alyrra of both her identity and her role as princess, Alyrra seizes the opportunity to start a new life for herself as a goose girl.
But Alyrra soon finds that Kestrin is not what she expected. The more Alyrra learns of this new kingdom, the pain and suffering its people endure, as well as the danger facing Kestrin from the sorceress herself, the more she knows she can’t remain the goose girl forever.
With the fate of the kingdom at stake, Alyrra is caught between two worlds and ultimately must decide who she is, and what she stands for.
Inspired by The Goose Girl fairytale by the Brothers Grimm.
About the Author (That’s Me!)
Intisar Khanani grew up a nomad and world traveller. Born in Wisconsin, she has lived in five different states as well as in Jeddah on the coast of the Red Sea. She currently resides in Cincinnati, Ohio, with her husband and two young daughters. Prior to publishing her novels, Intisar worked as a public health consultant on projects relating to infant mortality and minority health, which was as close as she could get to saving the world. Now she focuses her time on her two passions: raising her family and writing fantasy.
- To receive pre-order prize, a copy of proof of purchase / screenshot of library hold must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize. Winners must supply a name, address, and copy of receipt purchase/preorder/library hold of Thorn.
- Subscription boxes to not count as a pre-order.
- This competition is open to US, UK and Ireland residents 16+, or with parental permission and with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 6th April 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable and the winner may not sell or offer the prize for sale or use it for any further competition, contest or promotion.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity or social media.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Purple Monkey Press, PO Box 36665, Cincinnati OH 45236
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.